Frequently Asked Questions
Is it easy to clean?
- Yes. These are wall to wall seamless floors, no place for dirt to hide!
How do I clean it?
- Vacuum with a soft attachment similar to those used on hardwood floors.
- Sweep with a soft brush such as a Swiffer.
- When necessary, use a damp mop and a mild cleaning solution.
Can Epoxy flooring be applied to areas other than concrete?
Yes. Epoxy floors can be applied to any interior floor space including concrete, wood sub-floor etc.
How long does it take to do?
- On average, most jobs take between 5 to 7 days to complete, and an additional 3 days for the Epoxy to fully cure.
- It's best to plan at least a 10 day window from start to finish.
Can I save cost by doing some of the prep and cleaning myself?
- Yes. On most jobs there is basic cleaning and prep work that you can do yourself to save cost.
How thick is the finished floor?
- On average, between 1/8 to 1/4 inch depending on the specific details.
Are scuffs and scratches easy to repair?
- Yes. Most scuffs and scratches can be easily repaired with a high gloss Epoxy wax available from Canvas.
What kind of maintenance is required?
- Epoxy floors are very low maintenance.
- Depending on the wear, a high gloss Epoxy wax can be used periodically to revitalize the shine.
Is the Wax expensive?
- No. The wax is not expensive and is very easy to do yourself, or have Canvas do for you.